Create Your Own Website
Demonstrate your understanding of the web design process by designing, coding and publishing your own website.
Your site can be on anything you like, however don't get too ambitious (maybe do a sub-set of a bigger site), restrict it to around 5 pages (or 1 page with Spry tabbed panels). Stick to the layout used for the Learning Activity but change images/ typesetting, use your own copy, add your own images/ backgrounds. Feel free to use the Dreamweaver CSS templates and modify them to suit.
You will be assessed on the following:
- Your final website successfully published to our server using FTP (use Dreamweaver or other FTP software)
- Working links both internal and external
- Adhere to design fundamentals (color/ typesetting/ hierarchy/ layout)
- Use original images/ Flash & text content
- Use metadata for images
- Utilize any 3rd-party applications such as Picasa / YouTube / Photobucket etc.
- Use CSS to control the style of your site